Wednesday 22 February 2012

Why Greenpatches??


Well, I did say this blog was about gardening, didn't I? Though not the kind that features in Gardener's Question Time as any of my family will tell you. No, back in Lent 2007 I was after a  suitably greeny-tinged blog title  in keeping with the St John's Nottingham module I was studying: Sustaining The Earth. Inspiration struck as I gazed out over our perfectly manicured, lush green lawn (not). As most of you who have a resident Fido will know, (if you don't then your pooch is obviously too goody-goody for words and would the two of you kindly take yourselves off elsewhere), canine Number Twos scattered willy nilly bring out your grass in nifty little green clumps. Patches of Potential Promise in amongst the p***
(sorry) the arid desert effect brought about by Greenpatch dog's leaky bladder. My Myers-Brigg's INFP intuition antennae went all of a quiver as I spotted  the spiritual analogies and Green Patches was born. 

I've spotted more than a sprinkling of my own Greenpatches on my  journeyings since that day five years ago; not all either recognised or appreciated at the the time but hey - I'm older, greyer and wiser now...I think.

Oh and my gardening skills are much better than they used to be, too.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the explanation, and I look forward to journeying with you in this new blog.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. I always love receiving comments; do feel free. If you're visiting from the A-Z challenge (or even if you're not!) could I thank you for your patience in using the dreaded captcha verification thingy. It's a pain, I know, but I've had problems with spam in the past and would rather keep Greenpatches as a junk-free zone.