Friday 2 November 2012

God's Work of Art

Statue - May 2009


We are God's work of art, created in Christ Jesus for the good works which God has already designated to make up our way of life.

(Ephesians 2:10 New Jerusalem Bible)



God’s work of art.
That’s me?
Then beauty must lie
In the eye of the
Beholder.

I feel more like
One of those statues
Michelangelo left
Half emerging
From the marble block;
Full of potential,
On the verge of life,
But prisoned still
By circumstance and
Fear.

Yet part of me is free -
And you are still creating,
Bringing to life
The promise that is there….
            - From Revelation by Ann Lewin 

Prompted by Antonia's comment on Going Round in Circles 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I always love receiving comments; do feel free. If you're visiting from the A-Z challenge (or even if you're not!) could I thank you for your patience in using the dreaded captcha verification thingy. It's a pain, I know, but I've had problems with spam in the past and would rather keep Greenpatches as a junk-free zone.