Monday 10 December 2012

Advent Calendar - World Vision

Have a peep at World Vision's Advent Calendar and read today about how they're helping people in Boliva, where nutritional deficiencies  account for 11,500 child deaths every year.

We've sponsored three children with World Vision over the years, one from Vietnam and two from Cambodia. 'Our' latest little girl is just coming up to her eighth birthday. It's easy to become cynical about the seemingly endless fight to relieve poverty and to forget that it can cost so little (from our affluent Western viewpoint) to do so much good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I always love receiving comments; do feel free. If you're visiting from the A-Z challenge (or even if you're not!) could I thank you for your patience in using the dreaded captcha verification thingy. It's a pain, I know, but I've had problems with spam in the past and would rather keep Greenpatches as a junk-free zone.