Monday 3 December 2012

Advent Calendar

"Expectant - Verses for Advent" by Jim Cotter

From Jim Cotter's beautiful reflections based on the Advent Antiphons, Expectant: Verses for Advent, Cairns Publications.

          "O come, O come, thou wisdom strange
            from deep within God's womb to range
            the earth at midnight's hour of fears
            to make us wise beyond our years.
                   Rejoice! Rejoice! Our God shall leap
                   with light that rouses us from sleep."  
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I always love receiving comments; do feel free. If you're visiting from the A-Z challenge (or even if you're not!) could I thank you for your patience in using the dreaded captcha verification thingy. It's a pain, I know, but I've had problems with spam in the past and would rather keep Greenpatches as a junk-free zone.