Friday 11 May 2012

Holy Mackerel! It was this big - honest!

If Holy haute couture is your thing, hop over to Simon (aka "The Captain") Jenkin's blog and feast your eyes on his catwalk debut at the Christian Resources Exhibition this week.

When Mr GP and I visited Rome last month, I stumbled across a clerical outfitters and was astounded to read in our guide book that the city has an entire shopping district devoted to holy haute couture.  You learn something new every day! I'm no tat afficionado;  even so, it was a surreal experience rounding a corner and finding ourselves gazing at a chasuble with so much gold embroidery it could have decorated a Christmas tree;  and two nuns (in a separate window to the chasuble wearer of course) attired in a tasteful shades of grey.

I really wish I'd had the nerve to whip out my camera and take a pic for   a friend who's being ordained in a couple of month's time, but there was a rather rotund monk walking right behind us, and it seemed a bit of  a cheesy, touristy thing to do, so the moment passed.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I always love receiving comments; do feel free. If you're visiting from the A-Z challenge (or even if you're not!) could I thank you for your patience in using the dreaded captcha verification thingy. It's a pain, I know, but I've had problems with spam in the past and would rather keep Greenpatches as a junk-free zone.