Monday 16 July 2012

Words fail me...

Ladybird Books - Florence Nightingale
Words fail me...as I'm sure they will millions of other people on hearing the appalling tale of neglect leading to the death of 22 year old Kane Gorney; we've just listened to an interview with his mother on this morning's Today Programme. Florence Nightingale it ain't. My mother (who trained post war and was beginning work at the founding of the NHS) would be turning in her grave. If this is what we've come to, I'd rather go back to the days of fierce matrons and a pettifogging obsession with waxed floors, bedwheels all facing the same way and hospital corners.

And I make no apology for sounding like indignant of Tunbridge Wells/a tabloid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I always love receiving comments; do feel free. If you're visiting from the A-Z challenge (or even if you're not!) could I thank you for your patience in using the dreaded captcha verification thingy. It's a pain, I know, but I've had problems with spam in the past and would rather keep Greenpatches as a junk-free zone.