Sorry Archdruid - this is the only possible way to celebrate the coming of the Piper at the Gates of Dawn. I'd normally have been out in the park with GP dog to greet him myself, only having an unexpected Friday morning off, I had a mini lie in until the deliciously decadent hour of 8 a.m!
In my defence, in my latest reading, I've just reached the section on The Woodwose and what better wildmen than our wildmen of rock! The fact that I now have wildwoses, minotaurs, the Wolf of Gubbio (thank you St Francis!) and Spinal Tap wandering round the labyrinthine recesses of my mind is neither here nor there.
Friday, 21 June 2013
Wednesday, 19 June 2013
Wednesday, 12 June 2013
As the earth yields her abundance for all to share, so these healing leaves of the Tree of Life are for all. Our witness of Christ's indiscriminate love in the world is the way we gather these leaves and use them well.
- Annie Heppenstall, from The Healers Tree: A Bible-based Resource on Ecology, Peace and Justice, Wildgoose Publications, 2011
Wednesday, 5 June 2013
reviews by my goodself that as I read them took me straight back to those endless summer days spent dreaming my life away on a French campsite. There's more than a hint of the old rose-tinted glasses here, of course there is; with two teenagers around at the time, doubtless even our times of calme et detente were relatively limited. Still - I remember going through a tremendous period of spiritual growth back then, and it's wonderful to return to experiences like this and reflect on just how far I've travelled since. The foundations for what was to come were being laid even then. Though I'm sure, like many of us, that I could usefully revisit some of the handy hints on living a balanced life that our then rector included in his introduction. Here are some of them:
- Be gentle with yourself
- Find a hermit spot. Use it daily
- Change your routine often and your tasks when you can.
- Be a resource to yourself. Get creative. Be an artist as well as a technician.
- Schedule 'withdraw' periods during the week. Limit interruptions.
- Say 'I choose' rather than 'I should.'
- If you never say 'No' what is your 'Yes' worth?
- Laugh and play!